At our LCCH Therapy Centre at Pantai Hospital, Dr. Roger Buhler provides therapy using a combined approach of medical hypnosis and other psychotherapy techniques to treat mental, somatic and psychosomatic illness.
Hypnotherapy can improve your mental and physical well-being effectively. Please contact me to know more about how I can help you with hypnosis in finding a solution for your problems. Our Therapy Centre offers you a comfortable and confidential environment to talk about your issues.
Hypnotherapy Sessions and Duration
A therapy session normally takes about 1 – 2 hours.
During the first session, the therapist is taking your case history in order to understand your problem and formulate a therapy plan according to your goals. Therapist and patient discuss the therapy plan. Subsequently, you will experience a relaxing hypnosis session and get a training in self-hypnosis. At the end of the session we usually discuss the goals for the next session.
During a course of psychotherapy a patient usually goes through three different stages:
- Stabilisation: The patient is prepared for the process of change. In this stage the therapist identifies the problem, sets the goals (together with the patient), uses techniques to strengthen the ego, teaches self-hypnosis and other self-help tools.
- Change: This is the stage where change happens. During this stage the therapist might use various techniques such as hypnotic, solution-focused, cognitive-behavioral, and analytical strategies, as well as ego state therapy and EMDR.
- Maintenance of change: This stage is very important because it helps to maintain the therapy results after the completion of therapy.
The number of therapy sessions required when working through each of the 3 stages depends on:
- The personality of a patient
- The commitment to change
- How far a long the path of change a patient already is
- The individual issues and techniques used
- The expectations of the patient and/or therapist
Consultation and therapy can be conducted in English, German and French.
You can arrange your first session by telephone, either by referral from your physician or general practitioner, or directly.
Should you be unable to come to a prearranged appointment, please let us know at least 48 hours in advance.
LCCH Therapy Centre at Pantai Hospital
The patient’s physical environment has a significant impact on the psychotherapeutic process.
In the relaxing environment of our centre, we offer clinical hypnotherapy sessions in three aesthetically appealing and relaxing rooms equipped with comfortable recliner seats.
We are centrally located at Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur with plenty of parking space. Our Therapy Centre is open, bright and comfortable, which is exactly how we want our patients to feel. The counseling rooms are discreetly shielded from prying eyes, so you can be certain that what you say during therapy stays between you and your therapist.
Take a look at the photo gallery below to get acquainted with our centre. We are looking forward to welcoming you personally at LCCH Therapy Centre, Pantai Hospital, Kuala Lumpur.