WE USE AN INTEGRATIVE APPROACH TO PSYCHOTHERAPY
Our approach to psychotherapy is an eclectic or integrative approach, combining different psychotherapeutic schools, theories and techniques.
Scientific research has shown that cognitive behavioral therapy – which is a very common type of psychotherapy – is more effective if it is combined with clinical hypnosis.
In order to offer an effective therapy, we will select the most appropriate combination of psychotherapy techniques, depending on several factors:
- the present issue or problem
- the scientific evidence for a certain technique
- the personality and expectations of the patient
- previous psychotherapy (successful or unsuccessful)
- the therapist’s preference for certain techniques
During the course of therapy, various psychotherapy approaches and techniques may be used in combination with medical hypnosis such as some of the following techniques or psychotherapy schools: